— Fundamentals of Nuclear Science and Engineering for Nonproliferation
ETI is sponsoring and is pleased to offer a semester-long introductory course (ETI 101) on foundations of nuclear science and engineering. ETI 101 includes introductory lectures on:
- nuclear science of radiation interactions,
- nuclear engineering of reactors and systems
- nuclear fuel cycle
- waste management
- overview of nuclear security and nonproliferation.
The course objective is to engage the ETI academic community and introduce foundations of nuclear science and engineering as they apply to nonproliferaiton problems.
Online, synchronous and asynchronous.
12:00 – 13:20 (ET), Tuesday and Thursday, weekly. Starting from January 12, 2021. (please check the syllabus for updates, because each lecture schedule may change)
Live Lecture Access
- https://bluejeans.com/463030392 (please check the syllabus for updates, because the platform of each lecture may change)
- Phone Dial-in: +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- Meeting ID: 463 030 392
The syllabus of ETI 101 is in Google Docs format, and will be updated accordingly.
Lecture Video Recordings, and Slides
The course is organized as a series of online learning modules structured into lectures with facilitated hands-on learning elements engaging the multidisciplinary learner community of the consortium:
- Module 1 – Nuclear science of radiation interactions and applications
- Module 2 – Nuclear engineering of reactors and systems
- Module 3 – Nuclear fuel cycle and waste management
- Module 4 – Overview of nuclear security and nonproliferation